Spring is here and that means those of us in Louisiana will be getting out more and enjoying the great natural resources around us. It also means we will be busy getting our homes ready for the heat and storms that are sure to follow. If you are a homeowner in the Pelican State, here are five spring maintenance tips for your home.
- We know you rarely look at you roof, but now is the time to give it a good visual inspection. Take a walk around your home looking for loose or missing shingles or uneven places that may indicate a small leak.
- Give your yard a good cleaning by picking up all sticks, stones and other foreign objects it may have collected through the winter. Never mow over sticks as they can become projectiles.
- Check your outdoor air conditioning unit to make sure it is clean and free of obstructions that can inhibit airflow into the unit.
- Check your home’s foundation. Look for cracks in the cinder blocks or bricks. Make sure your porch isn’t sinking. If your windows and doors start becoming difficult to open and close that could be a sign of a foundation problem.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts. Yes, we know it is a nasty task but clean gutters and downspouts protect your roof, eaves, and foundation. Make sure water is free-flowing.
Spring is also the perfect time to check on your homeowners insurance with a review from David Cordell Insurance. We are an independent agency that can make sure you have the coverage you believe you have. We can also get quotes from multiple companies to ensure you are getting the best rate without cutting corners on your coverage. Visit our website for an online quote on your homeowners or auto insurance. By answering just a few questions, you can be on your way to savings. If you have questions, simply contact us at David Cordell Insurance.