One of the things people tend to agree on is that gas costs too much. Driving around Baton Rouge, LA, you might wait a little longer to get gas because you want to catch a better deal. At least there are some ways you can cut down on your gas bill.
- Drive less. This might seem too obvious, but there are probably ways you can cut some driving out of your routine. For instance, you can plan your errands to do two at once, instead of separating them and making the drive twice.
- Slow down. Nobody wants to slow down, and in fact, most of us feel like we aren’t getting to our destination fast enough. But speeding has a very little positive effect and can waste a lot of gas. Even making a resolution to drive right at the speed limit can show results in fuel savings.
- Keep your tires inflated. Especially when they get older, your tires probably get low when the temperature changes. But you should be keeping an eye on your tires all the time, because keeping them properly inflated doesn’t just save you gas money, but it also cuts down on unnecessary wear and tear and keeps you from having to buy tires as often.
- Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Following the schedule to make sure you get your oil changed, your air filter replaced and your tune-up performed will help your fuel efficiency. Of course, it will also keep your car healthy and keep you from having problems down the road.
- Be careful when running your air conditioner, and try to just use it on the highway.
At Cordell Insurance, we understand how important it is to save money. That’s one reason we try to help people find an auto insurance policy that fits their budget. If you live in Baton Rouge, LA, call Cordell Insurance today to see if we can help save you money.