One of the things people tend to agree on is that gas costs too much. Driving around Baton Rouge, LA, you might wait a little longer to get gas because you want to catch a better deal. At least there are some ways you can cut down on your gas bill.
- Drive less. This might seem too obvious, but there are probably ways you can cut some driving out of your routine. For instance, you can plan your errands to do two at once, instead of separating them and making the drive twice.
- Slow down. Nobody wants to slow down, and in fact, most of us feel like we aren’t getting to our destination fast enough. But speeding has a very little positive effect and can waste a lot of gas. Even making a resolution to drive right at the speed limit can show results in fuel savings.
- Keep your tires inflated. Especially when they get older, your tires probably get low when the temperature changes. But you should be keeping an eye on your tires all the time, because keeping them properly inflated doesn’t just save you gas money, but it also cuts down on unnecessary wear and tear and keeps you from having to buy tires as often.
- Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Following the schedule to make sure you get your oil changed, your air filter replaced and your tune-up performed will help your fuel efficiency. Of course, it will also keep your car healthy and keep you from having problems down the road.
- Be careful when running your air conditioner, and try to just use it on the highway.
At Cordell Insurance, we understand how important it is to save money. That’s one reason we try to help people find an auto insurance policy that fits their budget. If you live in Baton Rouge, LA, call Cordell Insurance today to see if we can help save you money.
Going to take the boat out this weekend? Feel safe and secure once you have boat insurance. You will be able to take the boat out whenever it is convenient when you’re covered. The Cordell Insurance independent insurance agents in Baton Rouge, LA are available to help you secure your future with boat insurance.
What is Boat Insurance?
Boat insurance gives you coverage if anything were to happen to your boat. Most personal watercraft are included under boat insurance. These crafts include fishing boats, kayaks, pontoons, yachts, and paddle boats. Depending on your type of coverage, your homeowner’s insurance offers a limited amount of coverage for your watercraft.
Types of Boat Insurance Coverage
- Property damage liability – if you cause any type of damage to someone’s property, such as their dock or boat.
- Bodily injury liability – if you cause injury to someone’s body resulting in financial costs. For example, a person receives medical attention because of your negligence, their medical bills would be covered under this policy.
- Collision – covers the cost for repairs or replacement of your boat if it is in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage – if your boat is damaged not caused by a collision, such as vandalism or theft.
Options for Additional Coverage
You can add other forms of insurance to your boating policy. Additional coverage could include but is not limited to personal property, roadside assistance, fishing equipment, and medical payments. You can also add uninsured or underinsured boaters insurance in case you are in an accident with someone who has no insurance or not enough insurance.
Stop by your local independent insurance agents in Baton Rouge, LA at Cordell Insurance to get information about boat insurance. You can also ask about home, auto, and life insurance while you’re there.
Owning an RV is very different from simply owning a vehicle. This means that the insurance for an RV is very different too. To make the most of your RV ownership, it is important to make sure that your RV is well protected. Here are a few tips that will help you make the most of your RV.
In order to get the most enjoyment out of your RV, you will want to be well insured. RV insurance can vary greatly from that of auto insurance, and it also varies from home insurance. Even if your RV is your home, you will want to thoroughly research your insurance options. Deciding which type of insurance you need, will depend on which type of RV you have.
Motorhomes, which are RVs you actually drive, are required to have at least your state’s minimum auto liability coverage. However, it is always a good idea to have full coverage in order to protect your investment and to protect your own financial security in the event that you also are injured in an accident. Although it might be possible in your state to drive your motorhome with just an auto policy, you should consider that while you are driving your RV you will likely have belongings with you. Auto insurance will not cover these items in the event of a loss. RV insurance, however, will.
Full Time vs Part Time
The next thing you should consider is how often you use the RV. If your RV is your home, then you will definitely want full-time coverage. This will cover you all year long. However, if you only need coverage for part of the year, then you will want to go with part-time coverage. This type of policy will not be as expensive but still provides what you need.
If you would like to learn more about RV insurance, please call our friendly staff at Cordell Insurance in Baton Rouge, LA.
No matter how big or small your business may be, it is important that you have a comprehensive umbrella policy in order to protect your interests. Commercial insurance offers the protection that you need in the event that your business suffers a loss that affects your cash flow or your ability to continue serving the needs of your customers or clients. With your base policy, you may still be vulnerable to financial responsibility in the event that your claim exceeds the maximum coverage amount of your primary policy.
The team at Cordell Insurance is proud to serve the insurance needs of the Baton Rouge, LA area business community and ensure that their business and commercial clients have appropriate protection.
3 Top Reasons to Secure Umbrella Insurance for your Company
- Policy limits – every insurance policy has upward limits to the amount of coverage that they will provide. It is highly likely that your business assets may exceed these limits. When you consider coverage for business interruption or damage or loss to your inventory and equipment, the $250,000 average limit can be reached quite easily.
- Increased liability coverage – a significant liability case against your business could mean financial ruin for both your business and your personal portfolio. With a supplemental umbrella policy, you can have coverage that provides adequate in the event of an accident or incident.
- Peace of mind – owning a business is stressful enough without worrying about exceeding your coverage limits. A comprehensive umbrella policy gives you the comfort you need.
Interested in learning more about how a comprehensive umbrella insurance policy can help protect your Baton Rouge, LA area business? Call or stop by Cordell Insurance and our professional agents can review the available umbrella policy options with you.
There is a rumor that those living in Louisiana can bypass flood insurance and rely on their home indemnity policy alone to get them through the challenges that inclement weather brings. Such a notion is nothing short of a fallacy.
Flood Insurance Is A Necessity
There is no official state law that requires all individuals living in Louisiana to obtain flood insurance. Congress, however, has mandated that all lenders with mortgaged properties in high-risk areas require borrowers of said homes and commercial spaces to obtain flood insurance policies. Baton Rouge, LA is definitely a high-risk area, thanks to Hurricane Katrina and other storms that ravaged the city in past times.
Homeowner’s Insurance Is Not Enough
The average person, unfortunately, believes that their home indemnity plan is enough to keep them covered in a storm that leads to flooding. The reality, however, is that a standard home insurance plan does not pay for damages caused by flooding or any other natural disaster. You may find yourself out of thousands if your home suffers flood damage while you lack the proper indemnity plan.
How Much Does Flood Insurance Cost?
You can pay as little as $200 per year for flood insurance or as much as $1,000 annually for a plan. The amount of your premium mainly depends on the probability of your home falling prey to a flood as well as your desired level of protection. An agent from Cordell Insurance can help you find a policy that best suits your needs and budget.
There are times when taking risks is a good thing. Such is not the case when it comes to flood insurance. You need a plan that fits your lifestyle in Baton Rouge, LA. An agent from Cordell Insurance can help.
Life insurance is an important type of insurance among the full range of insurance that a high percentage of people have. And although many people know at least the basics of what their life insurance provides, they may be overlooking some key benefits that could be helpful. With that in mind, here are some of the most important yet overlooked benefits of life insurance. This information is being brought to you by Cordell Insurance serving the Baton Rouge, LA area.
One overlooked benefit is a waiver of premium, and as its name implies, it pays for the policy’s premium if the policyholder becomes disabled or has serious health problems.
A benefit for employee assistance programs helps with services pertaining to substance abuse, marital problems, stress, and other challenges.
Another great benefit is guaranteed purchase option, which allows the policyholder to pay for future coverage without having to prove anything about their state of health. This would be relevant if the policyholder anticipates wanting to purchase coverage on a particular future date or as a result of a certain life event.
Long-term care benefit allows the policyholder to use benefits from the life insurance policy to pay for long-term care but in exchange for a decreased life benefit.
Dependent child or spouse benefit allows the policyholder to buy term life insurance for his or her spouse or dependent child if that child is 26 years old or younger.
Mortgage protection benefit pays for the life insurance policy premiums if the policyholder dies, but that benefit usually just exists on term life insurance policies.
There are many more details to know about life insurance benefits. So feel free to contact Cordell Insurance serving the Baton Rouge, LA area and get a more comprehensive look at benefits and details.
The question "how do home insurance claims work?" Is prevalent among homeowners in Baton Rouge, LA. Well, probably because many of us have been lucky enough to have safe homes, even after paying insurance premiums every month. Unfortunately, accidents can happen which may prompt you to fill a claim on your home insurance policy, and you probably don’t have an idea of how to go about it.
When you purchase your home insurance with Cordell Insurance, we make sure that the process is as comfortable as possible, because we know you already are messed up enough. There are three fundamental steps to filing a claim. They include:
1. Report the incident to the relevant home insurance provider. This is where you’re making a claim officially. You will be required to fill out a form either online or through a phone call and receive a claim number.
2. Your home insurance company will appoint a few claim adjusters who will come, asses the damage, prepare emergency repairs, and determine the amount the insurance company will compensate. This will depend on whether you want the repairs and replacements done or you will get the money and do it yourself.
3. Depending on the agreement you made, the company will send you a check or directly deposit the money to your bank account, and you’re good to go!
Note that if you’ve not reached your deductibles, the amount will be subtracted from the claim. Keep in mind that home insurance claims are unique for every claimer and there are other many factors that affect the whole process, as some companies have to conduct thorough investigations.
Licensed agents from Cordell Insurance in Baton Rouge, LA can help you not only get the best coverages at reasonable rates but also make your claim procedure as easy as possible. For quotes or new policy, discussions call us or visit us today
For residents in the Baton Rouge, LA area, preparing for hurricane season is an annual event. Great care is given to ensuring that our homes are protected and that our family will have the supplies they need should there be a significant weather event. These steps increase the likelihood of a faster recovery process following a storm. The team at Cordell Insurance know the unique threats that hurricanes present. They want to make sure that your automobile has the right insurance so that, if damaged from a storm, you can get back on the road quickly and safely.
To adequately prepare your vehicle before hurricane season, the agents at Cordell Insurance can help you understand your coverage options. Having collision and comprehensive insurance policies gives you the tools to protect your auto after weather damage. The comprehensive insurance policy is designed to address ‘act of God’ type situations such as natural disasters. So, when a tree limb comes crashing down on your truck, you can have the damages addressed and get back to normal life. While these policies provide great coverage during hurricane season, they will also work hard for you and your family throughout the year.
For residents in the Baton Rouge, LA area, preparing for hurricane season is a normal part of life. All too often, reviewing auto insurance policies to ensure they still provide adequate coverage gets overlooked. The agents at Cordell Insurance are ready to lend a helping hand. When you are looking for insurance coverage options, they will work with you to get you prepared for both hurricane season and the normal dangers we face in everyday life. The best time to get auto insurance is before anything can happen. Get the coverage you need today!
Flood insurance is something that is not automatically included on all policies but that is included on some specialty policies that are taken out just for that purpose. Flood insurance covers a wide range of things including but not limited to the costs that are associated with the clean up of flood waters, mold and other debris removal after the flood water recedes. For those in the Baton Rouge, LA area, the agents with Cordell Insurance can help you to find the perfect policy for your needs.
The right flood policy is going to be able to help you pay for the cost of clean up after the flood waters have receded. Clean up costs can be anything from removal of water, removing drywall and replacing it, removing flooring, removing debris, and even mold mitigation after the water has fully receded and you are trying to live in your home again. This type of service is essential as the biggest issue and the biggest expense associated with flooding is often the cost of clean up after the waters have receded and you are looking to return to your home to live.
Flood insurance is something that is not necessary in all areas but in a city like Baton Rouge where flooding is terribly common, having a great flood policy in place can save you tons of money and can help you get back into your home faster. Flood insurance can be pricy but replacing your entire home after a flood is far more expensive. For those that live in the Baton Rouge, LA are, the agents with Cordell Insurance can help you to create the perfect policy that is going to meet your needs and work for your particular home and insurance needs no matter what.
Maybe you never liked the neighbors much in the first place but pulling the drapes and ignoring the door won’t protect you if one of them falls on your icy driveway and sues you for negligence. Even if you love your neighbors in Baton Rouge, LA, someone could get hurt at a backyard barbeque or be tripping over a rug on game night. Don’t become a hermit, take a look at your homeowner’s policy with your Cordell Insurance agent. In the meantime, here’s some great information to get you started.
How Home Insurance Protects Your Assets
Homeowner’s insurance can prevent you from losing your home, car or business in the event of a decision against you for an accident that occurred on your property and other insured events.
Home liability insurance covers more than your house and its contents. Via family liability insurance, standard in many policies, you can protect yourself from unintended injuries caused by you or a family member or pet.
Injuries on your property can result in expensive legal battles, and not just for mailman slipping on your a slippery step. Make sure your assets stay your assets by carrying the right insurance policy.
What Else is Covered?
Check with your insurance agent regarding specific coverage, but most policies include:
- Damage to the house, garage, sheds and other buildings
- Loss of personal items such as furniture, caused by theft or damage
- Living expenses for temporary quarters during repairs for a covered event Bodily injury and property damage due to your negligence
- Pay for injuries to non-family member hurt on your property
Contact your Cordell Insurance representative today to make an appointment and get a quote from home insurance for your Baton Rouge, LA home.